– He is spontaneous, it’s so sweet, we will get married soon.
I quietly shook my head. Saying anything at that moment would be pointless. My girlfriend was deaf and blind to common sense.
They met a month before, he immediately introduced her to his dick, friends, and family. Every time he would call her “My angel” she melted, closing her eyes and picturing a huge beachfront home with 3 children and a chocolate Labrador.
When I asked what he does for living, she just shrugged her shoulders. – It does not matter Vixen. He is so lovable, huggable, and kissable, he is ideal.
– Does it mean he has no job?
– Is money the only thing that you care about, Vixen? – suddenly, she got pissed, I must have hit a nerve.
– Just curious … how is he going to provide for the family?
– He does not have to work, he has a lot in savings; he worked all his life to have the life he is having now, he is wonderful, you will love him.
– What are your impressions of his friends?
– It does not really matter, I will live with him, not with them, plus he… he … just met them
– And he calls them FRIENDS?
– Are you a f*king detective here? – she hated me at that moment, her attempts to make logical conclusions from what sounded irrational were failing. Since my questions threatened the sweetness of her illusion, I became the object of her unconditional resentment and wrath.
– What do you think about his family?
– I do not know. He says they never really got along. But again, like I said, I will be living with him, it does not really matter.
– Did he tell you anything about his past relationships?
– He never had much luck with women, they were worldly, jealous, and violent. He says I am different, I am the one he has been looking for all this life. And he can’t live without me. Doesn’t it sound romantic? – She was clearly obsessed, nothing seemed to bring her down to earth.
– Honey, it sounds sick, – I sighed deeply, her stream of consciousness got me really tired.
– What is wrong with falling in love? – she looked pathetic in her anger, pathetic and somewhat comical
– How much does he drink?
– What are you talking about?
– A normal person is fine living by himself. He may struggle without tooth paste or toilet paper, but for him to say that he can’t live without you or someone else is weird. A normal person has a job, friends that do not come and go within days. A normal person does not quickly label people as demons or angles. And, of course, a normal person does not talk marriage after a month of dating. You are describing someone immature, inconsistent, with… , – I paused, trying to find a proper word – someone with dependency issues.
– He is just spontaneous …
– Such people oftentimes have problems with alcohol and drugs…
– You are nuts, Vixen, bye now, – she hurriedly left, insulted, intimidated, and furious
Two weeks after she gave me a call. I heard her sobbing on the phone as she was telling me about the breakup story. – Can you imagine…. after all his promises he disappeared, and… and then… texted me, he met someone else and is getting married. He said he found the real angel…
– I am sorry, – I did not have much to say
– I … I never actually loved him, it was just an obsession
– I know.
She kept falling for spontaneity detesting consistency, perseverance, and everything else related to common sense.