After my friend broke up with his recent date, he was plagued and desperate.
– What was the deal breaker this same? – I knew the answer but faked curiosity since he needed someone to be here for him, someone to talk to, he looked totally distressed and heart-broken.
– She was a classic gold-digger.
– She never gave me blowjobs unless I bought her gifts.
– You look so damn sad.
– Of course, I am, – he was crumpling up an empty plastic bottle, nervously dejected, breathlessly discouraged.
– Sounds like your previous one. You kept saying she loved money more than yourself.
– Correct, and she was a whore. She looked at other guys, and she was clearly not over her ex-husband.
– The one who was before your ‘whore’, – I paused suppressing a giggle, – you told me she was all over you like white on rice
– Who, Maggie? She was freaking obsessive. She followed me with her ‘I love you’ bull 24/7.
– Lazy bitch
– Wait, – our conversation started giving me headaches, – wait, what about me?
– What about you? – he quickly threw the crushed bottle in the bin and came very close.
His smell was painfully familiar and brought memories; him and I, mountains and water, sex and cold breakfasts. I slowly stepped back, pounding heart, dry lips, and shaky hands.
– We were together, what was I?
– You were one of the biggest disappointments in my life, – he took a step forward, I stepped backward again, unwilling to further feel his smell and recall the past, our past together.
– How come?
– You only care about sex and money. You are extremely worldly, and I need a godly woman, I need the princess not a greedy hooker.
– Wait! you are a great friend… you will always be my friend, Vixen.
– I know.
I had bad news for him, the news that he would never find what he had been looking for all these years. Somehow, he fell for the fictional girl’s image blindly and obstinately chasing the illusion, feeling angry and disheartened every time the princess turned out to be an average female who expected gifts, loved money, choked on semen, and hid acne with her make-up. He wanted the goddess but met live human beings fearful and insecure with the unrealistic expectations to find the knight in shining armor so he would take care of the bills and practice monogamous sex under the blanket.
– I am hopeful you will find your princess one day, – I did not mean it, I knew it would never happen. I was just lying straight to his face, smiling, and hoping that one day he will come back, pay my rent and care about my orgasms.