I love Cheretto, it is quietly private, insanely upscale, and extremely elitist. I love its snobby atmosphere, dim lighting, and hidden but obvious discrimination by status, income, and power. Open for members only. The application for the membership gets politely denied with a seemingly valid and politically correct reason after 3 to 5 years of being on the waiting list.
leaning in close to him; I could imagine what she was whispering in his ear, since he turned around as well and waved at me. I waved back and shifted my gaze to the lemon water. I knew she would come to my table. I felt her presume as she sat down and gave me a hug.
– I see
– Are you mad? Are we still friends? You are my best friend, Vixen
– Do me a favor
– Do not take him here any more, this is the only place where I feel safe and happy, don’t ruin it
– I won’t I promise. He will pay, and we will leave
– Are we still friends?
– You gotta go, he is waiting, I know Greg, he won’t pay for the time you are here with me
– Are we still friends? – her bitchy upscale gloss was gone, she looked helplessly crappy, I felt disgusted
They left quietly and quickly. That night I got his text. “I am in bed with a call girl, thinking about f*cking you from behind” . I deleted the message and turned the TV on.